Wedding Week – Part 1

This is it.

I’m sure these next few posts will be short on creativity, long on just what is going on, and are mainly designed for me to remember this whole process  But, there is no reason you fine folks out there can’t come along for the ride.

Saturday and Sunday:

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday designing all of the printed materials for the wedding.  Programs and whatnot.  This was time consuming because I’m a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to that sort of stuff… finding just the right font and getting the layout just right, so on and so forth.  So, after several hours of that, my eyes were crossing.  I broke only to get my hair cut and to set up the fancy new flickr account.

Sunday afternoon I also spent some time digging crabgrass out of the front lawn.  We never actually got weed and feed down on the lawn this year, and it looks like shit.  But we have been a bit on the preoccupied side lately, so I guess everyone will understand.  Unfortunately, I was a dumbass and spent about an hour bent over at the waist.  Now, my hamstrings are punishing my for my stupidity.  I’m hobling around like a schmuck.  Good times.


Monday at work I was not too busy at all.  Which I suppose is a good thing, but at the same time, it didn’t make the time go very fast.  Everyone here at work is super cool including my boss, who I know has directed work away from me leading up to this whole shebang.  Thanks Mike.

The evening was spent with our running around like chickens with our heads cut off.  Jess was doing an awesome time cleaning the house.  I spent time vacuuming and fixing some printed stuff a bit for the printer.

I don’t know, but this “brunch/open house/gift opening” thing that is at our house on Sunday is kinda… um… inopportune.   I mean, we are trying to get everything assembled that needs to go down for the actual wedding… get everything we need to take for ourselves to stay the wedding night in the hotel… not to mention to start getting things prepped for a week in Maui.  On top of that, the house has got to be spotless since so many friends and family (many of whom haven’t seen it yet) will be coming by.  It’s all a bit much.  The stress level is rising hourly.

But, she really got stuff cleaned.  I assembled some of our electronics to take on vacation and various other little things.  After a long hot bath trying to limber up my stiff legs, we both crashed into bed about 10pm.

I’m gonna have to find some energy stores here soon.  Although, I’m sure I’ll fly through the actual events on sheer adrenaline and booze.  The best part is once things are happening, I can stop thinking about and planning them.  Sounds great to me.

More to come.

One Reply to “Wedding Week – Part 1”

  1. how awesome is your boss? geez… I wish I’d been able to shuffle my students on to other teachers during that last week or two. I could have been so much more productive with all that silly teaching. Lucky guy!! My friend Lisa worked a 50+ hour week leading up to her wedding!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *